Category Archives: News
A letter from the Founder:
I want to talk about some tough things, and then we can talk about some great things. First and foremost, Giving Songs spent a good portion of 2016 on the sidelines. The Johnson family had a tough year – I received a layoff from a job of 8 years, and ended up with a new job that kept me busier than I’ve ever been in my 17-year professional career. As you may know, Giving Songs is a volunteer organization primarily managed by our family – a family with a blind, multi-disabled little boy, living within the same community we work so passionately to assist. Much of 2016 was a period of challenge, and as a result we weren’t able to put as much time into helping others as we would have liked. Having said all of that – we’re settled in and ready to rock and roll for this year – happy, healthy, and enthusiastic about the future. 2017 has all of the ingredients to be an amazing year for Giving Songs, the artists who support us, and the families who receive our life-changing support.
Alright.. now, let’s talk about great things!
- We have unreleased music you will be hearing soon, including Ken Puterbaugh’s beautiful rendition of Johnny Cash’s Let The Train Blow The Whistle which we released today! (download here)
- We’re well on the way to completing our third full-length compilation album which will be released this year!
- We were played on the radio for the first time just last month – thank you to John Bommarito and ann arbor’s 107one!
- We will be on the radio AGAIN this Sunday, March 5th – between 10:00 and noon (live stream at www.annarbors107one.com)!
- We have a new way for those who know, love, and support us to help – it is called our Subscriber Club! (details below)
- Most importantly – we are reviewing applications and will be distributing grants and changing lives very soon!
Those are some awesome updates, and we wouldn’t have accomplished any of them without your assistance – thank you, thank you, thank you!
And now the new website feature I am very excited to share with you – our Subscriber Club. What is it, and why should you sign up?
The Subscriber Club is nothing more than a reoccurring tax-deductible donation to Giving Songs. Individuals who register will receive links (via email) to all of our music on the day it is released. Additionally, those who register will receive hard copies of our albums in the mail while they’re hot off the press. These copies will be distributed first, before physical copies are available at the CD release event or various retail locations. This allows you to support all of our projects, all of our artists, and all of the families who benefit from everything we do. We are hoping to build a community of sustainable donors who enjoy watching us grow and change lives – one song at a time.
Thank you so much for being here – it means the world to so many people.
Volunteer and President – Giving Songs